Engineered to play loud and long with unequalled dynamics, sonic clarity and tonal accuracy, JBL’s Studio Monitors range build on classic models from JBL’s heritage, which were found in all leading recording studios in the 1970s and 1980s.
Today, the Studio Monitors range incorporates new elements such as an improved HF compression driver and horn design and a new crossover network to give these speakers an advantage in the naturalness, clarity and detail of its sound relative to previous models. The result is effortless delivery of the full bandwidth and dynamics of the newest digital media – without suppression at any listening level.
When it comes to sound reproduction in concert halls, theatres, cinemas, festivals, nightclubs and anywhere else that sound really matters, JBL can confidently say “Been there, done that.”
Before THX® and Dolby®, before stereo and even hi-fi, there was JBL. And today, in more than 70% of all professional installations around the world JBL Loudspeakers continue to be the one benchmark for quality, the singular reference for accuracy in the playback of recorded sound.
JBL takes its decades of experience making speakers and other equipment for concert halls and other public venues, and uses it to create audio equipment for consumers around the world. You can enjoy a movie, ball game or concert as part of a huge crowd or in your home – but either way, you can catch all of the sounds with superb clarity through JBL components.
JBL is the one brand audio professionals rely on. The fact remains: wherever the need and whatever the budget, JBL is the leader, the innovator, the authority.
4367 Studio MonitorRRP $22, 999 Contact us for advice
Introducing the JBL 4367, a 2-way loudspeaker offering a cast-frame 15-inch woofer (2216Nd-1) with a powerful, patented Differential Drive® dual 3-inch voice coil and neodymium motor structure for outstanding behavior in the low to mid frequency range.
Upper-mid and high frequencies are reproduced by a patented D2430K 3-inch dual diaphragm, dual voice coil compression driver with dual neodymium motor structures and JBL’s patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) waveguide horn. Premium-quality network components and dual binding post inputs ensure audiophile performance in any application.
The attractive Walnut and Black Walnut wood grain veneer enclosure is internally braced at critical points and is tuned via front-firing ports. The 4367 is intended for use in high-performance 2-channel audio systems or as LCR loudspeaker in a JBL Synthesis multichannel home theater installation.
- 25–300 watts suggested amplifier power range to deliver optimal sound and output.
- With a smooth and wide frequency response of 30Hz–40kHz, the JBL 4367’s sound reproduction is extremely smooth and extended in every direction.
- 15″ (380mm) 2216Nd-1 Differential Drive® woofer with Pure Pulp cone, dual 3-inch voice coils, neodymium motor structure and cast aluminum frame.
- 3″ (75mm) D2430K Mid/High compression driver with dual diaphragms, dual voice coils, and dual neodymium motor structures.
- Patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn/waveguide technology provides elevated performance in combination with patented D2-Series compression drivers.
- Front-mounted ports for extended bass response.
- Iconic vintage JBL Studio Monitor design with exposed horn and blue baffle.
- Attractive furniture grade wood veneer enclosure is internally braced at critical points and is tuned via dual front-firing ports.
- Front-panel High-frequency and Ultra-high-frequency trim controls.
- Dual binding post inputs for bi-wire or bi-amplified connections.
- Available in Walnut and Black Walnut wood grain veneer finishes
S4700 LoudspeakerRRP $27, 000 Contact us for advice
The S4700 is a floorstanding 3-way high-performance loudspeaker built upon the same professional-grade technology used in the acclaimed Project K2 S9900, one of the most advanced and sophisticated loudspeakers in the world today.
At its foundation, the S4700 uses an all-new cast-frame 15-inch woofer (2216Nd) with a powerful dual 3-inch voice coil and neodymium motor structure for outstanding balance with the horn-loaded compression drivers. Mid- and high-frequencies are reproduced by a pair of titanium diaphragm compression drivers and a single-piece, SonoGlass® dual horn assembly. The 2-inch Aqua- Plas™-coated titanium diaphragm compression driver (175Nd-3) is mated to a 90° x 60° Bi-Radial® horn and delivers mid- and high-frequencies with lifelike dynamics and startling realism while an ultra-high frequency 0.75-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver (138Nd) with a 60° x 30° Bi-Radial horn recreates critical air and spaciousness. Premium-quality network components and dual binding post inputs ensure audiophile performance in any application. The attractive furniture-grade cherry wood veneer enclosure is internally braced at critical points and is tuned via a rear-firing port. The S4700 is intended for use in high-performance 2-channel audio systems or as an LCR loudspeaker in a JBL Synthesis multi-channel home theater installation.
- 15-inch pure pulp woofer with dual 3-inch voice coils, Neodymium motor structure and cast aluminum frame
- 2-inch Aqua-Plas-coated Titanium diaphragm high-frequency compression driver mated to a 90° x 60° Sonoglass Bi-Radial horn
- 0.75-inch Titanium diaphragm ultra-high-frequency compression driver mated to a 60° x 30° Sonoglass Bi-Radial horn
- Internally-braced, bass-reflex enclosure with a single rear-firing tuned port
- Dual binding post inputs for bi-wire or bi-amplified connections
- Furniture-grade cherry wood veneer finish
4312MKII WX Bookshelf MonitorRRP $1, 499 Contact us for adviceDownsized to desktop. The JBL 4312M II delivers the legendary JBL studio sound to audio enthusiasts withlimited listening space. With a tempered pure titanium dome and white pure pulp cone with pleated clothsurround, the 3-way compact monitor loudspeaker has been reworked from the previous version with new driveelements and a dividing network and enclosure to dramatically improve power, clarity and efficiency. Magneticallyshielded, the speaker won’t distort your TV picture, so set it anywhere and enjoy your music or blast the soundfrom your favourite films. Innovative cabinet construction techniques increase internal volume for superior bassperformance. A walnut lacquer veneer cabinet with “monitor blue” baffle and grille imbues a rugged, professionallook for the new speaker, which provides classic JBL studio monitor performance to music and movie lovers.
4429 Studio MonitorRRP $10, 900 Contact us for advice
The new JBL 4429 incorporates a number of important improvements over the 4425 and its successors. A UHF transducer, an improved HF compression driver and horn design, a new crossover network and improved internal bracing combine to give the 4429 an advantage in the naturalness, clarity and detail of its sound relative to previous models.
Effortlessly delivering the full bandwidth and dynamics of the newest digital media – without suppression at any listening level – the 4429 reveals subtleties you may never before have experienced in recorded music. Every detail of the design and construction of this system has been directed toward a single goal: uncompromised sonic performance.
Featuring a massive, 300mm (12-inch) woofer, and large HF and UHF compression drivers with a one-piece SonoGlass horn, the 4429 delivers quick, tight bass, a natural, well-focused midrange and clear, distinct highs to create listening experiences with all the richness and detail of the original performances.
1200FE-8 Low-Frequency Transducer
Featuring a 300mm (12-inch) pure-pulp cone woofer and large-aperture ferrite magnet and edge-wound aluminium voice-coil assembly, the 1200FE-8 driver delivers impressively deep, visceralbass that will not degrade at any volume level.
175Nd-3 High-Frequency Compression Driver
With a 50mm (1-3/4-inch) pure-titanium diaphragm, the 175Nd-3 compression driver produces extremely accurate midrange to high-frequency performance with minimal distortion and power compression for explosively realistic dynamics at all listening levels.
138Nd Ultrahigh-Frequency Compression Driver
A 19mm (3/4-inch) pure-titanium diaphragm produces realistic dynamics far beyond the range of human hearing, with ultrasmooth response that is ideal for SACD and other high-resolution audio formats.
SonoGlass HF and UHF Horns
Dense, mechanically inert high- and ultrahigh-frequency horns with extremely precise Bi-Radial horn flares eliminate horn resonances for clear, distortion-free sound.
- Extremely rigid, heavily braced enclosures of 25mm (1-inch) MDF
- Dual front-mounted ports provide optimal woofer tuning for extended bass response and permit speaker to be placed against a wall
- Continuously variable MF and HF attenuators let users tailer driver output to suit room acoustics of personal preference
- Bi-wire capability for use with multiple amplifiers and speaker-wire sets
- Walnut veneer with polyurethane topcoat and blue baffle and grille continue the classic JBL studio-monitor look
4312E Studio MonitorRRP $4, 600 Contact us for advice
The JBL 4312 E studio monitor is the direct descendent of the legendary Model 4320, the original JBL monitor that forever changed audio recording, introduced in 1968. As you would expect of a true JBL studio monitor, the 4312 E delivers crisp, powerful bass at all listening levels with a massive 300mm (12-inch) woofer driven by a Differential Drive (U.S. patent no. 5,748,760 and other patents pending) dual 75mm (3-inch) voice-coil assembly.
A 125mm (5-inch) pure-pulp cone and 25mm (1-inch) copper voice coil with Kapton bobbin realistically reproduce the full dynamics of vocal performances with low distortion, even at the highest listening levels. A 25mm (1-inch) tweeter with a magnesium/aluminium alloy dome extends HF response far beyond the audible range of the human ear. Built in mirror-image pairs to create the detailed, coherent stereo soundstage that studio monitors must, the JBL 4312 E exceeds the expectations of critical listeners and music professionals alike, providing a listening experience of such richness and subtlety that it cannot be compared to anything but a live performance.
2213Nd-2 Low-Frequency Transducer
A300mm (12-inch) woofer cone with a Differential Drive dual 75mm (3-inch) voice-coil asssembly delivers deep, crisp bass at all listening levels. Dual neodymium magnets in push-pull configuration maintain precise control over the cone’s motion and dissipate heat more effectively than conventional magnetic assemblies for low-distortion, high-output performance. The die-cast aluminium frame further dissipates heat, increasing power handline, and the shallow, Aquaplas-coated cone is optimally damped to reduced distortion.
105H-1 Midrange Transducer
A125mm (5-inch) polymer-coated, pure-pulp cone with a 25mm (1-inch) copper voice coil with Kapton bobbin comine to produce flat response with low distortion and increased power handling for more dynamic performance at high listening levels. A die-cast frame minimises back pressure for more linear motion, lower distortion and more natural-sounding reproduction of voices.
054ALMg-1 High-Frequency Transducer
A25mm (1-inch) magnesium/aluminium alloy dome producers realistic dyamics far beyong the range of himan hearing, with ultrasmooth response that is ideal for SACD and other high-resolution audio formats. A shallow horna and phase plug ensure the HF sound is distributed evenly over a wide listening area.
- The loudspeaker are configured in mirror-image pairs to create a focused stereo soundstage ideal for monitor applications. Extremely rigid, heavily braced enclosures of 19mm (3/4-inch) PB with 19mm (3/4-inch) MDF baffles ensure that the transducers are held in precise alignment
- Front-mounted port provides optimal woofer tuning for extended bass response and permits speaker to be places against a wall
- Continuously variable MF and HF attenuators let users tailer driver output to suit room acoustics or personal preference
- Five-way binding-post connectors permit the use of any type of wire and termination
- Pebble-texture black vinyl finish with silkscreened JBL logos