– Professional screens for residential environments
People who know motion pictures prefer Stewart projection screens because they want to enjoy the best possible picture—vibrant color, sharp contrast, and rich detail. In fact, filmmakers have long relied on Stewart screens in the making of their films—in special effects creation as well as in the editing and production processes. Studio screening rooms and film production houses around the globe trust Stewart screen quality to such an extent that it is the industry standard reference material for color balance, details, and textures. Filmmakers know that the secret to achieving the best possible image is to use the very best screen—an Academy Award®-winning Stewart projection screen. Even the home of Oscars®, the state-of-the-art Kodak Theater in Hollywood, uses Stewart screens. Your screen is manufactured in the same way, by the same craftsmen, as the screens used by people who really know how a film should look.
Many Hollywood blockbusters are produced in formats such as Cinemascope where the movie is 2.35 times wider than it is high. When watching this aspect ratio on a 16:9 screen, 33% of the pixels are used to create annoying black bars, therefore reducing your image resolution.
Designed for use with an anamorphic lens, the CineCurve features a native 2.40:1 image area allowing full enjoyment and flexibility when watching movies in super-wide screen formats. Maintaining a constant vertical height, two electronically controlled masking panels glide in from the left and right to create the perfect image area when viewing different types of media or movies filmed in various aspect ratios.
The CineCurve is available with any of Stewart’s front or rear projection materials. A specialized snap-fastening system ensures a smooth and perfectly tensioned screen surface. Our VeLux™ applique finish absorbs over-scan and increases perceived contrast.
• Variable Aspect Ratio – Constant Height/Variable Width
• Native 2.40:1 aspect ratio
• Aluminum extrusion curved frame finished with VeLux™
• Electronically controlled side masking
• Snap fastening securely attaches screen to frame
• Choose from a variety of Stewart’s front projection screen materials
• Curvature reduces screen surface exposure to crossreflected and side wall sources of ambient light
• Heightens viewer’s sense of immersion
• Custom radius manufactured to optimize your application
• Complements projectors with anamorphic lenses
• BRIC – The Binary Reciprocal intelligent Control System (more information below)
• Patent Pending
CUSTOM OPTIONS: (available by factory quotation)
• Rear projection models
• Custom sizes and aspect ratios
• Acoustic perforation on front projection models
• Acoustically transparent masking panels